Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 357: Supporting Nora

        Hello, this is Sophia. I guess this will be my last blog because all of the rest of the days are "booked" if you will. I just wanted to reflect that I would have never thought that I would be this involved as 11 (and now 12) years old. This blog has taught me that whenever you support a little cause, you make yourself, and usually others, feel good. I learned that it is so easy to do a little special something every day for others.
         This specific blog entry is special because Nora (you will find who she is later in the post) has cancer just like Marie did. This project has been wonderful experience and all of the hard work and effort put into it was worth it. Auntie Ree would be so honored.
                          ************************************
Continuing on with my blog for the day, there is a girl in 8th grade in my school named Nora who has been fighting the devastating disease of cancer for multiple years now. She has been doing well for a while now but recently it came back again. She has many friends at our school that care for her who came up with the idea to sell “Nora Live-strong Bracelets” for $2. They were being sold at lunch and in the morning. As you know, the cancer cause is very close to us considering my aunt had it. Nora has a younger brother in my grade who I am friends with so without a second thought, I bought a bracelet. On one side it says "BELIEVE" and on the other side it says "NORA". (I'm wearing mine in the picture) I was very happy to see that a lot, and I mean A LOT of people were wearing the blue bracelets at school today. Nora will be in our prayers as we all hope that she heals quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment