Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 136: Relay for Life Recruitment Facebook Post

Bianca here. As the Relay for Life's Recruitment Chair for the upcoming academic year, my first task is to begin spreading awareness about Penn's Relay for Life over facebook, as it is the ultimate source of news and media for this younger generation. My job was to make a "post" on UPenn's Class of 2015 page (the incoming freshman class). In my post, I explained what Relay was and described our success from last year, including some impressive statistics. For example, we raised over $110,000 from this single event last year and we are proud to say that over 200 teams participated, composed of over 2000 students, faculty members and alumni. Since the idea of this post is to recruit members of the Class of 2015 to join the Relay for Life Committee, I tried to sound as enticing as possible! About 10 minutes after posting my blurb, I checked facebook again and I already had 4 "likes," which means that there are people actually reading my post AND appreciating it! Can't wait to see who joins the RFL Committee from the freshman class next year...it is such a worthy and successful event and we are thrilled to have more passionate students interested in contributing to our night-long event.

No comments:

Post a Comment