Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 131: Energy Committee

Once again I was asked to review an energy saving retrofit proposal, this time for Pine Hill School, the town's largest building and user of electricity. I met with fellow Energy Committee members at 7:00 AM at the school to review the needs and realities.  We only have a few weeks before we decide to  move forward with the projects.  As I stated before, the contractors benefit from making their proposals a bit vague, and it is not always easy to understand exactly what work is included in their proposal.  I was able to work with other committee members and help identify what items would be modified, and what they would be changed to.  With this information, the committee can make some useful changes, and make sure the work is consistent with how the school actually operates.  I believe we will move forward and authorize the work, but it feels good to know I helped guide the project to be most beneficial for the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment