Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 134: Donating personal care products to a men's shelter in NY

Today our service blog is thrilled to welcome another Guest Family-Blogger,  Marie's "baby brother" Tim, who now lives in Oceanside, on Long Island, with his terrific family.  Thanks, Tim...we sure do appreciate your post!

After  15 years of working as a salesman with the same hair and skin product supply company, I changed jobs. There were quite a few samples left in my garage and as I was cleaning them out I decided rather than throwing them away I would donate to a worthy charity. The products were shampoos, conditioners, body washes and other assorted personal care items. My neighbor's father in law is active in charitable causes so the two of us went to Our Holy Redeemer Catholic church which runs a shelter for men providing food,  clean clothes, a shower, etc. We donated the products and the staff was thrilled saying that donations were down this year and they were running low on personal supplies so this gift made their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment