Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 59: Special Olympics

Another hard day of practice in preparation for the final meet in June.  I finally have them able to understand repetitive sets, where we do the same distance many times, in the same amount of time, and have them go in the same order.  It took a while, and I hope it will carry over to future practices.  One challenge I find is that certain improvements one day do not necessarily stay with the swimmers on the next practice.  I only see these people for a short time each week, but it helps me understand some of the difficulties their parents, teachers, and caregivers go through 24/7.  In any case, most of them were breathing pretty hard today, and I believe their performance on June 17-19 will benefit from the hard work they do at practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment