Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 44: Good Stuff Campaign

Hi! It's Olivia.

Today, Mom, Dad, and Sophia came to pick up my belongings from Loyola. As I was packing this morning, I realized I had extra unopened food, and some clothes that I knew I didn't wear anymore. Downstairs on the first floor of my dorm building are donation boxes for the "Good Stuff Campaign". This campaign donates gently used clothing, unperishable food, small appliances, etc. to those who are less fortunate. I decided that I should give some of my stuff away, knowing I won't use them in the future, and I'd be helping those in need. The boxes already had a lot of items in them, so it felt good to know I was contributing to a cause others care about as well.

Here is the website from Loyola about the campaign: http://www.loyola.edu/ccsj/goodstuff/

No comments:

Post a Comment