Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 54: Colleges Against Cancer UPenn Chair Position


Hi All,

In the week or so I've been home from school, I've been filling out an application for a Colleges Against Cancer chair position at UPenn. The CAC not only coordinates the Relay for Life event, but it is also composed of about 10 subcommittees, each in charge of either a Relay task or promoting cancer awareness events in/around UPenn. Last year, I was selected a Committee Member of both the Survivorship and Community Outreach branches. For Survivorship, we were in charge of recruiting and hosting survivors for the Relay for Life. In Community Outreach, we visited local elementary schools and engaged the students in anti-smoking lessons and campaigns.
Based on my application, I was just selected Chair of the Recruitment Committee!!!!  Since I was not on this committee last year,  it is all pretty new to me, but this summer I am responsible for starting several of my duties, including thinking of ways to recruit groups for Relay that were underrepresented last year. I also need to find creative ways to encourage groups  to commit to a team early in the year, so we have plenty of participants. Since I am home on the couch recovering from foot surgery...I have lots of time to research ideas and develop a recruitment strategy.  I look forward to meeting all of my committee members and conducting successful recruitment efforts!


No comments:

Post a Comment