Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 56: This Service Stuff Can Be For The Birds!!


First, a few comments about a great photo opportunity that I had and that being, a photo of four generations of extended Family --Daughter, Mother,Grandmother and Great Grandmother. The opportunity availed itself on one of our birthday party visits on Long Island, N. Y. with our son Tim and his Family. This particular party was for Granddaughter Alex and all of Long Island extended Family were on board for the event and hence the picture.
Our next trip down was for Grandson Timmy's birthday party and being a good four hours away, I usually work in some kind of project while there and on this trip, it was to mount the three Long Island Grandchildren's bird houses on a pole with a cross arm. They used to be mounted on top of the wooden stockade fence post on pipe, but the fence was replaced with a very nice plastic stockade fence. Hence not for mounting bird houses on!!!!  After finishing project I took Timmy's Great Grandmother Millie, a remarkable 86 years young, out to see the bird houses. She was very impressed and started talking about birds at her house. Noting that she was quite interested with the birds in her yard, I asked her if she would like me to make her a bird house for her yard. She said "Would you do that?" and I said "sure". Here we are on Long Island for another birthday party and oh yes, the promised bird house is built and with us. Nana and I went over to Millie's house and I mounted the pole and bird house while Nana and Millie visited. After my work I had a cup of tea and a visit with Millie and Nana.  She was so excited and appreciative and I was sent off with a big hug and kiss.  Really an enjoyable moment for all-- Buppa

No comments:

Post a Comment