Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 5: Relay for Life Promotion at UPenn

Hi all! This is Bianca. Today I went to bluemercury, a makeup store on the edge of campus, to ask for a Relay for Life donation in their name. Last year, they donated free samples to the Relay Committee at the University to sell at the event. All of the money from the sales went towards cancer research. I also informed the employees that were unfamiliar with the Relay for Life what we were all about and encouraged them to inform others about the event and perhaps form a team. They said I need to put the request into writing, as they have recently changed management and now have stricter rules regarding the "giving away" of their free samples. I will be working on typing a request this week.
I am getting very excited for the event! It is only 2 weeks away and we have already raised thousands of dollars (and counting!) as a school.  http://www.relayforlife.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment